Now that I have been 3o for two months I thought I would share my thoughts on this milestone. A few people told me that their 30th birthday was horrible and all they did was sick around and feel sorry for theirself because they were getting older. Well, turning 30 didn't bother me. I never really thought about getting "old".....until one month after my birthday. It all started in the middle of February. I was so excited because I had managed to stay relatively healthy while being around sick children who want you to constantly look down their throat. Healthy didn't last long. When the flu hit, it hit hard. I thought I was the living dead. The house smelled like sickness and I didn't care!! Philip did a great job taking care of me and didn't even mind holding my hair why I got sick. After a week of doing nothing but sleeping and gripping cause I was tired of being sick, I was finally over the flu. During the next two weeks I noticed that my body was not functioning normal so I contacted the dr and he set me up with a gastro dr. Well, needless to say I have inherited the lovely gastro problems and the dr. wanted to do a colonoscopy to check everything out. Hang on a minute, I thought I turned 30, not 50. Needless to say I went ahead and now everything in my body that was not functioning properly is now back to normal thanks to medication. I was so excited to wake up this morning and feel like a normal 30 year old person, not a little old lady with a list of her medications in her purse. So those of you who are about to turn 30 (Jeanine) and those of you who have a few years, turning 30 isn't so bad...just give it a month.
Melissa
Park City Utah
4 years ago
2 comments:
Glad to see you're feeling better!
I have two years to go to 30! I guess I should invest in one of those little pill boxes that breaks it up by the day of the week. Hahaha!
It is so funny that you said that because Philip actually bought me one of those cute little pill boxes yesterday. He's so funny....haha
Post a Comment